SD Enviro Engineers introduce a distinctive concept of treating Sewage or Industrial waste water by the process of electrolysis. It may be a method that uses clean Electric power to destabilize and coagulate suspended solids also provide complete tertiary treatment, including chlorination, without the effort of storing hazardous chemicals.
These Electrocoagulation – EC Sewage Treatment Plant are simple to install and are most suitable for commercial and domes premier apartment buildings, hostels, malls, hotels and residential complexes as they are noiseless and odorless and takes concerning 10% of the space of typical step and operates at 30% of the cost of typical Sewage Treatment Plant.
The process works on the principle of controlled dissolution of charged ions in water. These charged ions on contacting numerous pollutants like suspended solids, bacteria, organics, serious metals etc. neutralise them and coagulate them.These coagulated solids are subsequently filtered using suitable filtration equipments.
The main features of the system offered are:
- Noiseless system
- Stopping and restarting easily possible without any performance issues
- Simple equipment and easy to operate
- Treated Waste water gives palatable, clear, colourless and odourless water
- Low sludge producing technique; sludge formed tends to be readily settable and easy to dewater
- Flocs formed is much larger, contains less bound water; is acid resistant and more stable. Hence, can be separated faster by filtration
- Lower water recovery costs, as the effluent produced has less TDS
- Easily removes the smallest colloidal particles, because the applied electric field sets them in faster motion, thereby facilitating the coagulation
- Avoids use of chemicals
- The gas bubbles produced during electrolysis can carry the pollutant to the top of the solution where it can be more easily concentrated, collected and removed. The electrolytic processes in the cell are controlled electrically and with no moving parts, and hence requires less maintenance.
- Removes suspended and colloidal solids
- Expels foul odour
- Destroys and removes bacteria, and virus
- Removes high fats, oil and grease
- Removes heavy metals as oxides forms
- Meet Discharge Requirements
- Reduced Sludge Volume
- eSTP is a state of the art technology designed for today’s time
- eSTP technology can lead to lot of saving on space vis a vis conventional technology
- There are significant savings on labour, chemical cost and electrical power.
- As the process is not based on moving parts there is low maintenance except routine replacement of electrodes.
- The systems are modular in nature hence expansion and modification is easily possible. The system is portable in nature and thus can be shifted and transported in case the industry is being relocated.
- The operating cost of system is in the range of Rs. 5 to Rs. 15 per kilo liter (1000 litres) depending on the wastewater characteristics.