Ozonation has recently gained popularity as a treatment various within the United States when regulatory agencies placed restrictions on the disinfection by-products, particularly levels of tri-halo methane (THM). Ozonation is an established and proven disinfection alternative plus a peroxidant for the control of THM precursors.
- Oxidation and volatilization of organics
- Management of algae and associated compounds
- Destabilization (micro flocculation) of bound varieties of turbidity
- Removal of color-causing compounds
- Oxidation of iron and manganese
- Very short disinfection times
- Partial oxidation of organics for subsequent removal by micro organisms.
Ozone Generator Choice:-
Ozone is generated by passing a high voltage alternating current (6-20 kV) across a dielectric discharge gap through which oxygen gas is injected. Setting aside the sales pitches from manufacturers, most sensible generators are either low (50-60 Hz) or medium (200-1000 Hz) frequency. Medium frequency generators are usually thought-about better performers. It is often useful to contact pure aqua in similar applications to finalise the choice of an ozone generator.